The mission of Field Service Tech (Field Tech) is to provide an outstanding client experience while handling support service requests at clients’ locations, data center sites or remotely. The overall standard is to successfully complete each service request fully and completely to the satisfaction of the user or escalation support tech. The Field Tech will be responsible for providing technically accurate user-friendly solutions to common basic support requests and working with escalations techs on more complicated requests. Most importantly, the Field Tech should strive to live up to Aldridge’s promise of IT Resolution. Guaranteed. Extensive local travel is required. 50k-60k base salary based on experience.
To be considered successful in this role, the Field Tech must achieve these accountabilities within the first three months of accepting this position and maintain them throughout his/her employment:
- Accurately and efficiently complete on-site service requests and professional services tickets and projects
- Complete support service requests within the clients' acceptable time frame
- Use time efficiently and effectively
- Provide onsite and remote support for issues with systems and network infrastructure across multiple managed clients.
- Perform systems administration for Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers, Exchange 2003/2007/2010 servers, SQL, SharePoint, and XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8 workstations.
- Troubleshoot advanced remote access issues, such as VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Provide remote and on-site technical services and support at the network level, including but not limited to: connectivity, telephony, routers, firewalls, and security.
- At the direction of the dispatcher or branch operations manager, complete Professional Services tickets and projects.
- At the direction of the dispatcher or branch operations manager, service tickets for the Shared Technical Services team.
- Service tickets in the PSA (Professional Services Automation) by way of established procedures.
- Document regular system and modification actions of supported systems’ in configurations in our PSA system.
- Accurately enter all service work against tickets in the ConnectWise PSA, providing thorough details on the issue, the actions taken and expected next steps appropriate for both internal and client communication.
- Effectively communicate with clients as required, including: keeping them informed of incident progress, upcoming changes, and scheduling maintenance windows.
- Administer and work with application/vendor support on behalf of clients.
- Participate as a member of an off hours On-Call rotation following all responsibilities as outlined in the On-Call policy.